Uganda’s Ministry of Health has identified 11 more suspected Ebola cases in the country’s Mbende district as of Tuesday. Among them, the ministry has recorded one possible death from Ebola, a one-year-old, a statement issued Tuesday night said.
Samples from the one-year-old and 10 suspected cases are being tested at the Uganda Virus Research Institute, the ministry said.
So far, 11 suspected cases, one confirmed case, and six suspected cases have been identified as of Tuesday night.
The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday that Uganda has… Declared an outbreak of Ebola. After a case of the relatively rare Sudanese strain emerged in the country. The case was confirmed after testing a sample from a 24-year-old man in Mbende district, who the ministry said died after developing symptoms.
Ugandan health officials investigated six suspicious deaths in the district this month.
According to the WHO, the country has experienced four Ebola outbreaks that have stopped. More than 200 people died. The deadliest was in 2000.
Uganda shares a border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which faces Ebola recovery After the outbreak this year.